MORE ABOUT EMILY
Almost twelve years ago, the seed was planted for Emily to learn more about the anti-trafficking movement during a visit to Germany. Her time volunteering at seminars, forums, and fundraising opportunities has garnered interest and support in her work from political leaders, anti-trafficking advocates, social workers, educators, musicians, youth leaders, and other authors. She has trained with international and local organizations and loves injecting inspired truths into her books.
A portion of the proceeds of The Uncaged Series return to Women At Risk, International trafficking rescue programs.
Emily’s other author goal is to feature strong female protagonists. The kind her daughters can read and look up to someday. Her in-progress work (summer 2020 completion) is a new fantasy series that gives a glimpse into the global side of trafficking.
RANDOM FACTS OF EMILY
- I am an extrovert with unlimited psychological energy. (I also stockpile Pinterest memes!)
- HUGE Enneagram fan, so if you want to connect more, prepare to be asked to take the test so I can better understand you and speak your love language. (I am an 8: The Challenger. – Truth and Justice!)
- My favorite genre to read is fantasy that hits on hard themes (think Laini Taylor, Tomi Adeyemi, Victoria Aveyard). My favorite genre to write is paranormal romance. (I love my zombies and vampires).
- I am a Harry Potter enthusiast and love exploring this series with my six-year-old Ravenclaw. Me? #slytherin
- My favorite film is The Princess Bride.
- I am Disney obsessed, especially Marvel and the Princess movement.
- I started writing The Aviary over twelve years ago after a visit to Germany and learning about the Red-Light District.
- My favorite Broadway is The Phantom of the Opera followed closely by The Scarlet Pimpernel.
- Songs to describe me: Ready or Not by Brit Nicole and Lecrae, Speechless by Naomi Scott (Aladdin), Show Yourself by Idina Mendel (Frozen 2), Lions by Skillet, This Is Me from The Greatest Showman, and The Sound of Silence.
- I’m a mom to two little girls. I fight for a better world for them and for myself.
ANTI-TRAFFICKING ORGANIZATIONS EMILY LOVES
- Breaking Free
- Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Women’s Foundation of Minnesota
- Trafficking Justice
- Beautiful and Loved
- Heartland Girls Ranch
Royalty is her blood, but ruling is her destiny.
As the only human in a city of vampires and werewolves, Reina Caraway is no stranger to supernatural situations, but waking up in a vineyard with a bloody rose and a dead body at her feet is a little extreme even for her. Unknown bruises on her back only complicate her situation.
With a prophecy on her shoulders fating her to rule over both races in Le Couvènte, Reina has her fair share of pressure. Add a stalker murderer able to cover up her scent, two rival vampires training her while competing for her heart, the Queen enlisting her aid, and her growing supernatural abilities that just might hint at a power not seen since the dawn of time! Just a typical day in Le Couvènte.
A supernatural Phantom of the Opera retelling, you have the perfect recipe for murder, mystery, romance, and suspense set against the decadent, redwoods and wine-soaked backdrop of Northern California.
TWILIGHT x PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
Sequels – Splash with GAME OF THRONES
Return to Le Couvènte in this riveting follow up to Roseblood where Queen Caraway must stem a rebellion and receives a shocking visit from an old predator…and phantom lover.
After rebels interrupt her formal coronation, Reina has her fair share of troubles as the new Queen of Le Couvènte. Even more when an ancient sect of vampires known as the White Hand drain human corpses and leave them in Le Couvènte: a threatening protest to a human on the throne, hybrid or not. Fortunately, Reina is a creator and has no intention of surrendering her throne. With Raoul promoted to High Guardian shadowing her every move, Reina won’t give in to fear.
But when a rebel attack closes in on Reina and Raoul fails to protect her due to personal reasons, he steps down as High Guard and distances himself from Le Couvènte’s troubles, leaving Reina vulnerable. But not alone. When she attacks a rebel outpost, Reina’s over-confidence leads her right into the arms of her perfect predator. Skip White is alive!
This time, Skip will not fail to overthrow the Council and replace himself as King. But it is not power he wants most. He won’t stop till he has the Queen ruling by his side forever. With two vampire rebellions to quell as she forges new alliances and battles countless foes, Reina discovers the true war has only just begun.
With power and lust dancing a tantalizing waltz, Silhouette continues with echoes of The Phantom of the Opera as vampires and wolves battle for Le Couvènte and for its Queen.
TWILIGHT x POTO x GAME OF THRONES